DriStud W7 is a Standard Weight, Extra Heavy Duty, Fire Retardant, White Faced Foil Insulation specifically designed for Commercial Roofs and Roof Sarking with a High Water Barrier and Medium Vapour Barrier Classification.
Due to its multi-layer structure DriStud W7 offers Superior Strength, Durability and acts as a barrier to Radiant Heat, Moisture, Drafts and Dust.
When installed correctly with the white facing down and the reflective foil facing the air cavity it will also provide extra R-Value, a clean white finish and will increase light diffusion and reflection.
We recommend using Safety Mesh or Hexagonal Netting to support DriStud W7.
- Fire Retardant
- Extra Heavy Duty Reflective Foil Insulation
- Superior Strength, Durability and Tear Resistance
- Advanced Resistance to Heat
- Vapour and Moisture Barrier
- Light weight & Flexible
- 97% Reflectivity
- Excellent light diffuser
- DriStud W7 has been tested to AS/NZS 4200:1994 and meets all the requirements of the NZBC Clauses B2,
- Durability (B2.3.1[b] 15 years), E2 External Moisture E2.3.2, F2 Hazardous Building Materials F2.3.1.
Buildings of the following types using metal cladding should have a sealed vapour barrier and are subject to specific design.
- Swimming pools.
- Buildings containing liquids stored in open containers.
- Buildings where water is used in manufacturing, cleaning or storage processes.
- Ice rinks, cold stores and freezers.
- Buildings where unvented gas heating is used.
A vapour barrier incorrectly located on the cold side of a structure or poorly installed can result in a rapid build-up of cavity or interstitial condensation and result in high costs for rectifying defects and damage.
Cold stores, freezers or buildings where the temperature is near or below 0° all require a fully sealed vapour barrier located on the warmer outer side of the insulation but are subject to specific design.